Monday, July 23, 2012

Turkey Creek Backpacking Trip

Turkey Creek, CO
July 11-13, 2012
written by: Dallin

The Beginning:
This is where we started our adventure.  In front of my house.
Actually, the house in this picture is my neighbor's house across the street.
Me, (Dallin), and my Dad, and my friend Charles, and the Bishop (Charles' Dad) went on the adventure together.

Right here is our day hike in the . . . wilderness.

I caught my first fish!!!

Nice waterfall, don't you think?

Hey Bishop, is it cold in there?

How's it goin' Dad?

Looks like Dad went for a swim

Kings of the waterfall!

We're cleaning out the fishes, the fishes, the fishes, 
Oh we're cleaning out the fishes,
and it is disgusting!

I have a great Dad who took me on this backpacking trip.  It was so fun.  We hiked about 10 miles in three days, swam in a freezing cold river, caught around 20 fish and ate 8 of them.  I caught and cleaned two fish.  (The fish was delish, and it made quite a dish.)  This was the best backpacking trip that was ever hiked in the whole world!  

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Cute post! Tell Dallin hi from our family.

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

I love this post! I love that it was written by Dallin! Fantastic job Dallin:) Looks like you and your dad had an awesome adventure. Tons of fun!

McEntire Family said...

So glad you caught a fish Dallin! That is such a great thing to get to do - and then to eat them. YUM!

Kim Breinholt said...

Love it!

Reed Family said...

Dallin, you are talented! I love your documenting of this trip. It looks like tons of fun and quite the adventure. Congratulations on your first catch! (I'm almost 30 and still havn't caught a fish. Maybe next time we visit, we could go fishing and you could teach me some fishing skills.) :)