Well I had decided not to theme this year because it was just too much work for the amount of energy I'm operating on lately. But a couple of weeks before Halloween, when the kids still didn't really know what they wanted to be, Dallin convinced me to do a theme after all. He said, "Mom, there're too many options without a theme. I just can't narrow it down. Maybe I won't dress up this year."
So in a moment of insanity, we sat down and decided on a costume theme after all. And curse my obsession with homemade costumes, of course I had to make them . . . (or at least most of them--I ordered a couple of wigs and hats, but other than that, the costumes are pretty much homemade). Well, to make a long story short, it's November 2nd, and I'm still recovering from staying up late too many nights in a row to finish the blasted costumes.
But here they are, and for what it's worth, the Gariety costume theme tradition is unbroken for at least one more year.
And the costume theme for Halloween 2012 was
Alice in Wonderland
(A mix of both Tim Burton's, and the animated versions . . .)
Alice
Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-Dum
(aka the Fat Boys)
Queen of Hearts
Mad Hatter
Dallin and Daphne got close-ups because of their special make-up. :)
Anyway, I was pretty happy with how the costumes came out. I think the kids looked awesome.
The jury is still out on whether or not it's worth all the hassle . . .
And below are the Jack-O-Lantern pictures. Sydney had gone to bed early that night, so she was sleeping through the carving festivities.
Happy Halloween!
8 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I'm obsessed! Your kids look FANTASTIC!! Every single one of them! I especially love Daphne's queen of hearts! Love love LOVE it!
Love those costumes! Wish we could have seen them!
You are awesome Sharee. I ask myself every year...Is it worth it? The kids love it though so i probably is. (:
Wow, such incredible costumes!!!! Well done, my friend. . . WELL DONE!!!
Sharee, your kids are super lucky to have such a talented, awesome mother who makes her kids killer Halloween costumes! You did a great job, love them all ;)
Sharee, your kids are super lucky to have such a talented, awesome mother who makes her kids killer Halloween costumes! You did a great job, love them all ;)
I LOVE your theme! Everyone looks STELLAR! I don't know how you pull off FIVE kiddos in a matching theme. Very impressive!
Love love love it! You definatley outdid yourself this year! Each costume is so cute! The fat boys, Alice, the mad hatter, the queen of hearts, they are each so vibrant and amazing. I'm in love! This is goimg to make the best scrapbook layout ever!!:) You are super talented and your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment