But we still did a treasure hunt for the present I got him. He had asked me earlier if I wanted any ideas for a birthday gift for him, which normally I would welcome because he's kind of hard to shop for. I told him I'd already gotten him a present, but I'd like to hear what his ideas were anyway. But then he wouldn't tell me. He was surprised I'd gotten him something since the only idea we'd discussed previously was a chainsaw. But he didn't think I'd go out and buy him a chainsaw on my own. (hee, hee, hee . . .) which is precisely what I'd done, after talking to some friends of ours about what kind is good to get.
Anyway, here is his face when he found it at the end of the treasure hunt.
We had his birthday dinner later in the week, when the kids were better, but sadly, he came home from work that day not feeling well, and barely ate any of his birthday dinner. :( So sad.
Happy Birthday, Arthur! Hopefully next year's will be a little better . . .
3. Dallin went on his first Klondike. He had a great time, and didn't lose any limbs to frostbite. :) Also, his troop came in 2nd out of over 20 troops, and for most of them it was their very first Klondike!
This shelter was built in less than 15 minutes with a tarp, wood, poles and rope.
Pioneering class
4. This past Wednesday was "Super-Hero" day. Daphne chose to dress up as her dad. I love that. She even made a security badge to wear since he wears one to work every day.

1 comment:
Awww, Daph! What a sweetie!
Post a Comment