Thursday, August 01, 2013

July Quotes

Sydney:  Hayden pulled my curly hairs!!

Hayden wouldn't go up to the door of a friends house because, "They have a viciouth (vicious) dog who'll try to bite me!"  
(made me laugh because he knows what vicious means, and also, because the dog is a tiny, little, old dog --50 dogs-years-old--who just barks a lot.

Hayden:  Why do the Thonic workerth wear thkateth (skates)?
Sean:  I think so they can go fast in case the people are starving.
(Since Sean is in a perpetual state of starvation, his answer made perfect sense.)

Sydney:  I awesome.  Right, Mom?  I awesome.

Me:  Sydney says she needs some friends.
Arthur:  Can I be your friend, Sydney?
Sydney:  NO!
Arthur:  Well, that's why you don't have any friends.

In the car, stuck in traffic and the kids start telling us they have to go to the bathroom, and which kind.  Some said "Number 1"  Some said, "Number 2" and Arthur, joking, said, "I have to go number 3!"  Hayden said, "No!  Three?  That's throwing up!"

Me:  Sean and Hayden, pick up all those pillows and put them away, please.
(no response from the boys.)
Me:  Boys, did you hear me?
Sean:  Come on, Hayden.  You heard the woman!

While we were swimming at a friend's house the kids were doing some cannonballs into the water.  Hayden stood on the edge ready to jump and said, "Mom, thith ith bigger than a cannonball--thith ith . . .  what ith that thing called that can blow up a whole thtate?"  "A nuke?" I guessed.  "Yeah!" Hayden yelled, "I'm a nuke!"  And then jumped into the water.  I guess that's the kind of cannonballs you get when your dad works at a National Laboratory.

Me:  Hayden, when you are in Kindergarten, we're gonna see if you can see a speech therapist to help you with your lisp.
Hayden:  NOOO!  I don't want to do thpeech therapy.  I wanna keep my lithp! 
(I kind of want him to keep his lisp too.  I love it.  But I'm sure he won't love it when he's older . . .)

Hayden and Sydney were fighting about something and Hayden threatened to bite Sydney.  Sydney said, "Stop!  Don't EAT me!"


1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I love that you keep track of all these cute things that the kids say. Thanks for sharing!!! We need another lunch date now that school is starting up again . . .