Saturday, March 21, 2015

Durango Ski Trip

January 29-31, 2015
Durango Mountain Resort, CO
aka Purgatory!

The day after Arthur's b-day we went up to Colorado where we stayed slope side few nights for a family ski trip.  It was great timing because it was right in the middle of the King and I rehearsals and we loved having that much-needed family time.   We stayed in a very cozy one room with a loft condo, and had a great time.  We celebrated Arthur's birthday, (which for some reason I couldn't find any pictures of, even though I know I took some!) and went skiing and watched "Support Your Local Sheriff" which is an old movie that the kids at first had misgivings about, but soon came around and now we all quote it regularly.  :)


Bennett in the loft

We had a plentiful supply of hot chocolate!

Our deck looked out over the ski hill.






AND we finished the Book of Mormon as a family.  We've been working on that for 3 years, so that was a big deal.  We sat by the fire and read Moroni 10 together and prayed about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.  We enjoyed delicious cinnamon rolls afterward.  It was a very sweet experience.  (And not just because of the cinnamon rolls. ;) 


No comments: