Daphne handed the ringing phone to me and said, "It's Nona!" As I took the phone Bennett protested, "No! MY Nona!"
One Saturday morning Bennett was the first one up and was making noise in his crib. After awhile he started calling people's names hoping someone would come rescue him from his crib. Here's what I heard: "Mama? Dada? Da-ney (daphne) Non, (Sean). Ni-ney (Sydney). Mama, w' aaaarrrre you? Mama! Dada! Stinky poo-poo!" (The funny thing is that he was not stinky, but he has figured out that we will come to change him if he tells us that.)
Hayden to Sydney: It's bad manners to eat popcorn like that.
Syd: How do you know everything? Mom, Hayden thinks he's the king of me!
Hayden to Daphne: Why are you thinking about your wedding right now? If I was a girl, I would plan my wedding when I'm about to get married. Not at the age that you are right now.
Bennett: Lellow tar! (yellow car) I win!
At Aunt Julianne's house, the kids found a fuzzy caterpillar in the driveway. Caleb promptly stepped on it, and Hayden replied with, "Caleb! Why do you gotta kill everything?!?" (Caterpillar)
On a hike in Washington Hayden held up a big wad of moss and said, "This is a growing place!"
Bennett pointing to the Southwest plane we were about to board: Bid, bid, ba-loo (blue) airplane!
No comments:
Post a Comment