Dec. 21-27
Stonehaven, Northstar, CA
After a very fast whirlwind of a week unpacking from Germany, Christmas shopping, laundry, packing everyone's clothes and ski gear and Christmas presents, we began our drive out to CA for Christmas at Stonehaven with ALL the Stones. It was crowded and loud and super fun to be together.
We had fun making snow forts, homemade ornaments, gingerbread houses, skiing, sledding, games, movies, etc. All the normal stuff that makes for great times. The snow was great this year which always makes things more fun!
Christmas Eve some of us got hit by a stomach bug. Julianne's family got it the worst, but I was also up most of the night throwing up. As a result I missed Santa coming! (I was throwing up) and except for opening presents, I missed most of Christmas day as well! So sad. :( But I think it was a great day for everyone who wasn't sick.
We shared the news with our family that our baby in June would be another BOY! So it's the boys for a solid 5-2 win in the Gariety family. Everyone was excited except Sydney. She's working through it, don't worry.
The next day, we packed up and drove down to Modesto so we could be there for Nathan's farewell talk in church before he left for his mission in Vanuatu! We were happy to be there for that and to say good-bye to him for two years.






















No comments:
Post a Comment