Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A change in the fleet

Well, the time finally came to retire the old blue van.
It was a great car for us, but the number of miles on it was starting to make us nervous.

Melanie pretty much summed up our "blue van" when she said, "I used to get annoyed at cars that would slow down going up hills.  But after driving this, I realize that some cars just can't help it!"

We got our "new" van on Craig's list.  It's a 2007 Chrysler Town and Country with  
. . . drumroll please . . .

power windows!

AND power doors!

AND stow-n-go seating!

AND, last but not least, it can maintain its speed going uphill.

Welcome to the family, "new van."


5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Love it - it's so pretty! So, how many miles did your old van have? We're up to 160,000 on the Honda, and as much as I would LOVE a new vehicle, I still feel like it has lots of life left in it. Hopefully I don't end up eating those words!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Oh no! I'm so sad! That blue van had so many memories :) It brought our washer and dryer home from Folsom and all those trips to the mountains to bring back the Christmas tree! Oh well. The new van looks awesome and I bet those power windows make everything a little easier. Glad you guys found a good one! And I love the color - so classy!!

Erin said...

Looks just like ours! Our next car is going to be a 12 passenger van...no kidding.

Reed Family said...

Congrats you guys!!! What a treat! But I have to admit, it's gonna take me a while not to see one of those blue vans and not think of you guys!...guess I still can. Just cuz you're not driving one anymore doesn't mean I can't think of you when a blue dodge caravan drives by! :)

Sarah said...

I definitely don't see you enough these days--I had no idea about the new addition to the fam. Congrats!