Thursday, December 09, 2010

Making Spirits Bright

Here are some of our Christmas Festivities so far this year:

Trimming the Tree:





The kids love watching the electric train under the tree.  

Last weekend was our Stake's 3rd Annual Nativity Open House and Messiah Concert. 

Above, the kids are seated in one of the beautifully decorated foyers of our chapel before we went and looked at all the rooms full of Nativities.  They loved looking at all the "baby Jesus's" from all the different countries, and were really good about "No Touching!"  It really is such a neat thing to walk through and see expressions of faith on the Savior's Birth from all over the world.

Since I am the Stake Choir Director, I have been involved in rehearsing the Messiah choir 2 of the last 3 years (I missed last year because of "Secret Garden" . . .).  Anyway, because I'm involved in producing the concert, Arthur supports me by staying home with the kids.

Well this year, a wonderful couple from our ward volunteered to stay with the kids each Sunday evening during rehearsals so that Arthur could participate. It was so fun to go to rehearsals together and even though we didn't get to sing together (since I not supposed to start singing again until next week) it was still so wonderful to be able to have that experience together.


I won't name these people because they are the kind of people that don't want public recognition, but I just want to say that I hope I can be just like them when I grow up.  Our children LOVED having them come over every Sunday, and we left each week knowing they were in great hands.  Thanks so much for your time and service to our family.  

Here is Arthur on his way to his first performance of Handel's "Messiah."  Look how handsome he is in his suit, all ready to sing.  I would love to have a choir full of "Arthurs."  He spent time on his own learning the music, and sang with his whole heart.  I am also thankful for the many members who give of their time and talents to be a part of this Christmas concert every year--it really is the perfect way to start the Christmas season with a focus on the Savior and his life.  My thoughts are turned toward Christ more abundantly through learning this sacred music.

Sugar Cookies for Family Night:





We are so lucky to have my sister Julianne and her daughter Lilly staying with us until Eric finishes school and comes down with all their stuff.  Julianne and Eric are moving here next week for 2 1/2 years while Eric goes to Physician's Assistant school, and I couldn't be more excited!  I have never lived near a sister since I left home for college, and I am highly anticipating all the fun we're going to have!  Since she's been here, we've done lots of baking and crafts and enjoying Christmas music and movies . . .  it's so great!  Welcome to the land of enchantment, guys!  We're so excited to have some family close by!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Wow! Such good news!! I would love to have my sis live here - what a great Christmas present!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

So glad Jules made it safely and that you guys are really getting into the Christmas spirit! :)

Erin said...

Sharee-I just got your Christmas card. FYI: In your year hiatus, our address changed! 1000 E. Pony Lane gilbert AZ 85295. For next year! You should be getting ours soon!