Monday, December 20, 2010

"Plippers," "Pupe," and other sayings

Hayden:  I need my plippers, mom.  (slippers)

Sean--What does "but" mean?  And I don't mean the one you poop out of.

Dallin--(on fast sunday)  I want to do what's right, but I'm just so hungry!

At breakfast one morning, the kids were all asking for stuff at the same time and reaching over each other spilling multiple things.  Finally I said, "Everyone needs to stop clamoring for the food.  First, we'll say a prayer and then I'll help you all get dished up."  Sean responded, "I'm not clamoring for food, Mom.  I'm just clamoring for the syrup."

At pack meeting a lady was smiling at Sydney and said, "Oh you're so cute!  Maybe I'll just take her home.  Can I take her home?"  In response, Hayden got very upset and yelled,  "NO!"

We went over to visit Barbara tonight for Family Night.  At home, before we left, Sean told Aunt Julianne and Aunt Emma that we go to visit Barbara because she is a widow and we don't want her to be lonely. Barbara is our next-door neighbor from our old house.  We visit her on the holidays and she loves to see the kids and give them little treats.  We sang to her and brought her some banana bread and a homemade scarf.  She had us in for some yummy sweet bread and sparkling cranberry cider.  The kids were really well behaved this time and didn't break anything in her house.  (thank goodness.) They said "Please" and "Thank you," and "Merry Christmas" and gave her great big hugs.  While we were eating the goodies she served us, Sean said in his loudest voice, "We come to visit you because your husband is DEAD.  He died, right Barbara?  Your husband is dead."  Good grief!  Thank goodness she is a little hard of hearing and doesn't understand a lot of what the kids say--I don't think she heard him, even though he repeated it several times.   We love Barbara so much!  She is so good to our children, and we always feel happy after we go visit her.  What a sweetheart.  Her mother lived to be 100 years old.  So hopefully we'll have many more years to visit our Barbara.

Sean refers to yesterday as "the back day," and tomorrow as "the front day."

Hayden:  "Sydney puped again."  (puked)

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

I'm glad Barbara didn't hear Sean, but I'm sure she would have understood anyway. We have a widower neighbor that we visited on Sunday. He took a while coming to the door, and Ella kept telling him he "took. FOREVER!" Poor guy - he definitely heard Ella. I kept telling Ella to hush, but she wouldn't. Little stinker!

We definitely need to get together soon!

Pam said...

It is posts like this that make my day. Children are really amazing, aren't they? Yours are pretty darn cute too..

Kim Breinholt said...

Hilarious!!!

Julie Smith said...

Why do our kids feel it is their mission in life to embarrass us? Too funny.