Well, that first snow day was followed by three more. There wasn't any more snow. School was cancelled on Wednesday because it was too cold, and then Thursday, the buses wouldn't start, and by Friday, there was a state-wide natural gas shortage, so they had the kids stay home again to reduce the use of natural gas for heating. As a result of the cold temperatures and people turning the heat down, pipes all over town have been bursting. Our church building was among them, which is another story entirely . . .
So with four days off school, the kids did lots of playing with friends and with each other. We made cinnamon rolls one day, and valentines another day, watched movies and just enjoyed the slower pace. Here are some pictures of the fun.
Jen's Delicious Cinnamon Rolls
Making Valentines








3 comments:
Those cinnamon rolls look so YUMMY!
I love that wreath Daphne! (I like the look of conversation hearts, but have never liked the way they taste...what a wonderful way to use those darn things!)
I want a snow day - you guys have so much fun ! :)
Post a Comment