This 4th of July, we discovered that our neighborhood puts on a super fun bike parade and celebration in the park. So we decorated our strollers, wagons, bikes and scooters to go walk in the parade, and then had a super fun time at the park taking part in watermelon eating contests, sacks races, three-legged races, decorating cookies, and fake tatoos. And the best part was that we got to hang out with family all day since Jewels and Eric and their little ones are here in Albuquerque, and Natalie, Brian and Kyrie drove out from California to visit for the week!!! What a PAR-TAY!
BIKE PARADE
(I just realized these pictures look like we were the only ones in the parade--there were lots of other people there, but we definitely brought up the rear.)
WATERMELON EATING-CONTEST
SYDNEY AT THE WATER TABLE
TATOOS
COOKIES
CUTE HAIR
RACES
This picture makes me laugh because they were given the 2nd place ribbons by mistake. Don't worry, we gave them to the rightful winners after we took a picture.
Now, this ribbon, I am proud to say is NOT FAKE! Can you believe I won 1st place in an athletic contest? (And yes I do classify sack-racing as athletic ;) My children are still so proud of me and whenever they see the blue ribbon which is prominently displayed downstairs in the big room, they tell me how awesome it was that I won!
CHILLIN' WITH WATERMELON
WATER BALLOONS
"Bomb-diggety"
Sugar high?
Watching Fireworks
Once again, I have an awesome movie that I made and cursed blogger is choking on it. Hopefully someday they can work out their issues. And maybe my genius husband will find a way to override their system.
You'd think that with all this partying going on, I completely missed the reason we celebrate 4th of July. But believe it or not I actually wrote a big long entry in my journal about my country. Sunday night we watched "1776," as is our family tradition for this holiday, and every time I watch that movie it reminds me of the sacrifices made by our founding fathers to create a place where liberty abounds. I just stand in awe at the strength of character those people had--at their commitment to the cause of liberty. And I am so thankful that because of their heroic lives, I can raise my children in a land with unlimited opportunities, and relative peace and prosperity. I pray that the people of this nation will ever choose good, wise and moral leaders who will be staunchly committed to the principles of liberty our country was founded upon, and work tireless to defend the constitution of this great land.
God Bless America!


3 comments:
It looks like you guys had a serious party! Again, sad we weren't there, but glad you guys were together to celebrate!!! I love ALL the pictures. And, we just watched the video you sent out to us...the kids wanted to watch it over and over and over again. Those 3-legged and sack races were SSSWWEEEEET! And props to you for winning 1st place Sharee.
We watched 1776 on Sunday too. It's tradition! And, I echo what you said about our nation. Thank you for putting it as you did. You have such a gift of expression.
Love you guys!
We had so much fun! Now I need to once again update my blog! Love you guys
That just looks like the best 4th of July celebration EVER! It was an all day par-tay. So nice to see you got to have family around for all the fun :)
Post a Comment