Friday, July 01, 2011

June Quotes

Julianne:  So, Dallin, are you glad school is out?
Dallin:  Yeah!  It's like the best thing that ever happened to me!

Sean:  Mom, there's something big and black flying around downstairs.
Hayden:  Maybe it's poop.
Sean:  No, Hayden, poop doesn't fly.
(let's hope not, anyway!--by the way, it was just a fly.)

Daphne:  Don't worry Sean--everything that is scary in Scooby-Doo turns out to be fake.  The bad guy is always just somebody who dressed up like a monster.

After making his delicious macaroni and cheese which was rudely rejected by Hayden, Dallin said,   "Now I know how a cook feels when people don't want to eat their very best dish."

Sean:  Hayden, now you go on a mission to save Queen Malidada
(he was talking about a Jedi mission to save Queen Amidala)

Regarding an immodestly clad dancer on TV, Hayden said, "I don't like her outfit.  It'th yucky.  It'th immodest.  But I like her eyeth and her hair."

Sean:  What is a dog's favorite snack?
Hayden:  Um, bones.
Sean:  What is a mouse's favorite snack?
Hayden:  Um, cheese.
Me:  What is a zebra's favorite snack?
Hayden: uh . . . I think it's popcorn.
Sean:  What is an alligator's favorite snack?
Hayden:  popcorn.
(well, who doesn't love popcorn?)

When Arthur was taking down the tent after our camping trip, 
Hayden became very alarmed:  Dad's messing up our tent!!!

Also, he and Sean were singing a little song of their own making: 
"Tent-- tent-- tent-a-dee tent, oh tent--tent--tent-a-dee tent, oh tent . . . ( etc.)" 
It's actually quite catchy--I find myself singing it every once in awhile.  
The problem it doesn't have an ending so I always feel unresolved.

Ten minutes away from home, Hayden urgently announced, "I really have to go potty!"  Arthur told him, we were almost home and try to hold it for just a few more minutes.  As soon as we arrived home, I said, "Hayden, hurry and get out!  Run to the potty!"
He replied, "Oh, it'th okay.  I already peed my panth."  (pants)
I said, "WHAT?  Why did you do that?!"
"Becauthe Daddy didn't drive fatht enough."

Dallin:  I'm so glad someone thought up Father's Day, because now, when I'm a dad I'll have something to look forward to.  (hopefully that's not the only thing to look forward to, but yes, Father's Day is nice.)

Hayden:  Thdney has teeth now!
Bro. Carter:  Sydney has teeth?  Uh-oh, now you're in trouble.
Hayden:  Well, I didn't give her her teeth.

Sean freaking out about something.  
Me: Sean, use your words.  
Sean: If I use my words, I will still use my tears!

At the end of a long, tiresome day, it's awesome when your son tells you this, as he's kneading your belly with both hands:
 "Mom, thith ith tho, tho, tho-o-o thquishy!"  
(translation: this is so so sooooo squishy!)
Yep it is.  Thanks for the reminder.  

Hayden:  I like my heart.
Me:  I like your heart too.
Hayden:  My heart is in my tummy.  
(?)  

Sean:  What is big and red and eats rocks?
Hayden:  (thinking) Um . . . an ant?
Sean:  No, a big red rock-eater!




Dallin:  I love being a Mormon.
Me: Why do you love being a Mormon?
Dallin:  'Cause you get all kinds of blessings and stuff.

6 comments:

Reed Family said...

Loooove it! The kids were listening to me read these and Carter said, "He peed his pants!!! YUCK!"...as if he never pees his pants. Love you guys!

Sara said...

So funny! I think I might adopt your monthly quotes as well (if I ever get up to date). Yesterday I picked up Allee from a nap and said, "Oh you smell like spit up. Or is that Mommy (I think she'd spit up on my earlier that day)?" Weston said, "Mommy smells, Mommy smells!" Gotta love what kids say!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Haha why do dads always get blamed for the bad stuff? :)

Connie said...

These quotes made my day! I was crying, I was laughing so hard!

Mindy said...

You had Jared and I laughing SO hard! We love you guys!
-Melanie and Jared

Melanie said...

I always look forward to these posts! Love.