Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Camping at Jack's Creek

The last weekend before school started, we went camping with the Schmutz's and the Andersons, at Jack's Creek.    It was beautiful and we had such a fabulous time!

We spent most of Friday playing at the River.

A snake the Steve caught.  Bobby was the only one brave enough to hold it. 

Arthur found this worm that was as fas as a gummy worm!  He was too big to fit on the fishing hook, so he got to live.  But first we took some disgusting pictures.
Bobby and Dallin fishing.

It didn't take long for the little boys to fall in the water, so I told them they could take their pants off to let them dry on a rock.
They ended up like this. I'm sure everyone who saw all those little boys runnin' around in their underwear thought we were a bunch of white trash.  And maybe we are.  But at least we are white trash who enjoy themselves.

It was so peaceful just sitting there on the rocks by the river and enjoying the sounds of the water, the wind in the trees, and the thunder as the storm was rolling in.

Sydney LOVES the Schmutz's dogs.  (unless they are barking, which makes her very sad indeed.)

What is it with boys and taking clothes off? 
We called this crew the shirtless wonders, and they shouted songs at us from on top of that drainage pipe until it wasn't cute anymore.

Cute Lilly with a little purple flower she found.

The prize winning fish!  
Arthur and Steve caught these fish Friday night.

They were this big.
Tasted pretty good though!

A beautiful sunset 

We were all packed up and ready to go, but before leaving, we had to get some group pictures.
(The Andersons left before we got our act together which is why Lilly isn't in here, and Sydney was already strapped in her carseat sleeping.)

We loved being up in the mountains and spending time with our family and friends!  I agree with Sean who suggested, "Can we come to this exact camping spot with these exact friends again?"  
I sure hope so!

2 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Camping with kiddos looks like so much fun! I think it is funny that all little boys strip down whenever they can (some people in our old ward had a 3 year old who would do it at church). Looks like you guys had a great time. Sweet! :)

Rachelle said...

I LOVE Jack's Creek! I didn't know it had reopened. Last we checked it was closed because of fire hazards.