Saturday, October 8, 2011
We were really looking foward to Balloon Fiesta this year, especially because we would get to share it with Jewels and Eric. They met us at our house at 5:30 a.m and we caravaned out to Balloon Fiesta Park. Well, on the way, while we were sitting in traffic, I decided to turn on the camera just to make sure we were ready for all the picture-taking. I couldn't believe my eyes when it flashed the empty battery sign. I had charged it the night before and unplugged it right before getting into the car! ( Later we figured out that the charger for our camera wasn't working properly.) So we called Jewels and Eric and told them of our great misfortune and they said they brought theirs. But it was almost out of battery too! I just couldn't believe I found myself at Balloon Fiesta without a camera. Everyone around you has a camera,or at least a phone with picture-taking capabilities, because it is the world's most photographed event, after all! It was rather tragic.
But despite the no-camera thing, we had a great morning. We ate breakfast burritos and hot chocolate and enjoyed the beautiful balloons and didn't lose any of our children, (always a good thing.)
And Jewels and Eric shared their pictures with us, (thanks guys!) so here they are:
This picture makes me laugh because for some reason this year Sean was really worried that the balloons would fall on us. Doesn't he look worried in that picture?
2 comments:
That made me laugh...that Sean was worried the balloons would fall on him. He DOES look worried in that picture! Ya know, despite you both having little to no picture taking capability, you managed to both get a complete family photo! Nicely done. :)
We ARE going to make it over there one of these years! Now that we have a bus the trip seems more doable!
Post a Comment