Wednesday, November 02, 2011

October Quotes

Hayden, having a hard time opening a door, muttered:  Cheap piethe of junk.

Dallin:  Why do they cheer for Utah State?!?
Me:  Dallin, we can't all cheer for BYU.  If everyone cheered for BYU--
Dallin:  The world would be perfect!
Me:  um, actually, I was going to say, it wouldn't be any fun . . .

Hayden: Mom, if we add some blue paint to our house it will be a BYU house!  And we can put a big Y on the garage door!

Hayden:  Mom, if you don't come right now, I'm going to drive the car MYTHELF!

Dallin outgrew his first violin, so we finally got down to Robertson and Sons to trade it in for a bigger size.  When we got out to the car, he carefully opened the case and examined his "new" rental violin, (which actually is rather pretty) and said, "Wow.  I feel SO upgraded!"

Hayden:  Mom, I think Daphne needs a spanking.
Daphne:  Hayden, kids aren't supposed to say that.

A Halloween tradition our kids love is "booing" people. That's when you leave a plate of goodies on someone's door, ring the doorbell and run.  They love booing and they love getting booed.  We took our kids booing this past weekend, and Hayden has been talking about it and reenacting it all day.  He booed our next door neighbor with an apple this morning.  I thought they might wonder what the heck a random apple was doing on their front porch when they got home from work, so I had him go get it back, which he did happily and gobbled up the whole thing himself.  (Apples are his favorite.)  Well then a few minutes later, my doorbell rang, and when I opened it, I found Hayden curled up in a ball on my door mat.  He looked up at me and said, "I'm pretending I'm cookieth."

Again, on the subject of "booing." For those of you who aren't familiar with this practice, you are supposed to hang a picture of a ghost in your window or on your door after you've gotten boo'ed so you don't get boo'ed multiple times--(it spreads out the fun.)  Well, one night, after we'd gotten booed TWICE, Hayden came into my room crying.  He said he'd bonked his head.  I had no sympathy and said, "Well, that's what happens when you are supposed to be in bed.  What were you doing?"  He replied, "I was just taking down the boo sign so we can get booed again."  nice. 

Hayden:  What now?  I have muthelth (muscles)
Sean:  Yeah?  well, what now?  I have a car! (I think it might have been a maxbox car)
Hayden returns with a big hand-me-down airsoft gun from Uncle Nathan and simply said: 
"WHAT NOW?"

Now that Sean is in Kindergarten, he has plenty of wisdom to impart to his younger brother.  Here are a couple snippets I picked up on this weekend.
Sean:  Hayden, if you go on the moon naked, you'll die because it's freezing in space.
Sean:  Hayden, when God tells you to die, you just die, because He said so.

The other night we were driving and Sean noticed the tiny sliver of a moon in the sky.  He said, "Hey Mom!  It looks like the sky is smiling at us!"

4 comments:

Scott and Amme said...

Your kids are sooo funny. Tell Dallin that some people actually like Utah State! Even if their team stunk while we were there! But I'll cheer for the aggies anytime over the cougs!

Erin said...

I love Hayden's lisp...classic

Reed Family said...

We're all Dieing over here!! (And not cuz Heavenly Father told us too...:) Your kiddos are so stinkin' funny! Love them all!

Melanie said...

I look forward to the family quotes, absolutely hilarious!!