December was so crazy, that I just didn't write down much of what my kids said. As a result, the December quote page was looking pretty slim. But, so far this month, we've already had a good supply of blog-a-ble quotes. So I'm hoping my kids will keep up the good work and supply us with plenty more so I have some to post at the end of this month. In the meantime, enjoy a few from December and the first week of January.
On a VERY windy night as I was preparing to leave for our Stake's "A Child is Born" concert, Daphne said, "I feel sorry for you that you have to go out in the wind.
I hope it doesn't blow away your good looks."
Driving home from getting our Christmas Tree, Sean said,
"It looks like our car has green hair."
"It looks like our car has green hair."
Sean: (to Hayden) When you're too old, you die.
Dallin (getting annoyed with Sean): There's something wrong with your brain.
Sean: Wait, which brain? The one in your head or the one in your--
Dallin: There's only ONE BRAIN! I've studied it in class. There's only one brain.
Daphne: I think God created Santa Claus so Christmas wouldn't be so boring.
Sean: (regarding Santa's present) "Well, I didn't ask for this. But I like it."
Me: Oh yeah? Why not?
Hayden: Because nobody loves me.
Me: Well that's certainly not true. I love you so much. Everyone in our family loves you.
Hayden: Well, nobody's nice to me, so I'm running away.
Me: I hope you don't because I will miss you so much.
Hayden: Well, too bad.
Me: Well, how will you get food if you run away?
Hayden: I will bring my dollars.
Me: Where will you sleep?
Hayden: I will bring my blankets and sleep by the fish at the Equarium.
Me: Well, the Aquarium is really far away. How will you get there?
Hayden: I'm taking the GPS.
So apparently, he's thought it all out. I'm glad to report that he hasn't actually left yet. Because we would sure miss him!!!
During a family prayer that Daphne had been asked to say, Hayden decided to say his own on top of hers. Sean leaned over and whispered loudly, "Hayden! Stop doing that. It's too crazy for God!"
A rather morbid conversation as we loading the car after a field trip to the Aquarium:
Me: Please shut that door Daphne.
Jemma: Why do we need the door shut?
Me: Because if we were driving with the door open, someone might fall out and die.
Jemma: Oh. Then we would be on the news.
Hayden: What's the news?
Jemma: The news is where they tell you all the bad stuff that happens.
Daphne: And sometimes they have good stuff too.
Jemma: Well, if I fell out of the car, they would put me on the news and say, "A little girl fell out of the car while it was driving and got runned over because the door was open." And my parents would see it on the news and be so sad.
Hayden: I'm not thcared of anything. Exthept for chickenth.
Hayden: The only food I like is rootbeer and cheetos and bacon.
Sean: I'm sorry, Hayden.
Hayden: Oh. I already told on you.
(because obviously the only reason to say sorry is to avoid getting told on.)
Hayden: So the bread is for Jesus' body?
Dad: Yes
Hayden: And the water ith for Hith blood?
Dad: Yes, that's right.
Hayden: Ith there blood in the water?
Mom: No, the water just helps us remember His blood.
Hayden: (pauses to think...) Well, what about Hith bones?
5 comments:
Seriously laughed so hard! these are AWESOME! I love Quote posts, they're the best!!!
i LOVE your quotes!!!
How do you get anything done when the kids keep you laughing all day long?!?
I love your kid's quotes! So funny! Sorry Jemma is a bit on the morbid side sometimes...she's a bit obsessed with death.
your kids are hilarious!
-Melanie
Post a Comment