Tuesday, January 17, 2012

some randomness

1. I am in process of catching up on all the exciting adventures of our lives.  For any of you who are interested in reading about them, or seeing the funny pictures, or want to know what Arthur got me for Christmas, scroll down, because I'm dating them by when they happened.

2.  In church on Sunday, Sydney stood on my lap during Sacrament Meeting with her rubber soled shoes, and tore my dress.  It was a thin sheer fabric with lining underneath, so thank goodness I wasn't exposing anything unseemly.  But it just so happened that yesterday, I was asked to give not one, but 2 opening prayers, (Sunday School and Relief Society.)  What are the chances? So I got to stand up in front of everyone and pray, and all I could think about was the hole in the front of my dress.  Fortunately, I was called out to play the piano for the Young Women in the 3rd hour, and thus escaped the 2nd opening prayer.  So which is worse?  A holey dress in front of all the Young Women?  Or a holey dress in front of all the Relief Society?  It was probably the holey dress in Sunday School, the prayer I did end up giving.

3. I was recently introduced to Pinterest.  ah.  what to say about Pinterest?  It is cool because it gives me such fun ideas.  But not cool because I don't have time to spend looking at all the ideas, and yet, I look anyway.  Here is a fun little craft that Daphne and I made recently that I found on Pinterest.  It took all of 10 minutes to put together.  :)  Mason jars, paper doilies, ribbon and felt hearts.  Plop a candle inside, and they are irresistible.

3 comments:

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

So cute! The Valentine mason jars! Too bad we don't get to see a picture of that holy dress;)

Melanie said...

haha! I'm sorry about your holey dress, and I totally hear ya about pinterest! cool ideas, but a serious time sucker.

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Love the craft! Great job:) So sorry about the dress - it just shows how dedicated you are that you stayed and gave the prayer anyway.