The lighting here is a little funny, but it's just a cute St. Patrick's Day wreath made of lots of strips of different green fabric and ribbon.
The pictures below are not Pinterest ideas. I learned the art of quilted-table-runner-making from my Mom and sister, Jenny, (two very talented seamstresses). Over Christmas, they brought all the stuff for us to make Valentine's table runners and taught us how to make these:
They turned out so cute, that I admit I have every ambition of keeping a table-runner on the whole year, which of course, necessitates changeable table-runners for all the various holidays and seasons. So here is my table runner for March. Don't look too closely--it's better from a distance. But I'm still happy with it. The cool thing about this is that I just used left-over scraps of fabric from my wreath and some white fabric I already had on hand. I just had to get fabric for the binding and the back so this little project cost about $3!
Can't wait to start on my Easter/Spring table runner. :)
6 comments:
Wow, Sharee that St. Patrick's table runner is impressive, especially since you were using scraps! I'm also in love with the Valentines heart shaped wreath, very cute indeed.
All totally CUTE! I should learn to sew someday!
Cute!
So fun! I keep looking at that scrappy wreath on pinterest too...did you use a metal ring for starters? I can't tell for sure what they used. Your runner turned out great too! Mom printed out that pattern and had it done the next day. She a pro!
I'm impressed! Fun and festive!
Love your St. Patrick's table runner i just may copy you ;) And thanks again for treating me to the ribbon and fabric and showing me how to make that St. Patrick's wreath i love it!
Post a Comment