Tonight I tried a new recipe. I made Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers from Our Best Bites. I just LOVE the combination of coconut and cayenne pepper, and thought they were DELICIOUS. I don't make breaded chicken fingers very often because it's a lot of work to dip them all. But once in awhile when I'm feeling ambitious I go for it. So tonight I did it, and guess what the the kids did? First, Hayden complained loudly about how disgusting the dinner was, and then proceeded to pick off all the breading that took me 30 minutes to prepare. Sean said, "Hey, that's a great idea, Hayden!" and picked off all his breading too, and they both ate the plain chicken, and only swallowed their vegetables under severe duress.
Seriously? Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.
7 comments:
sounds familiar. I'm sure I think this about 5 out of 7 nights a week.
Why do they have to eat. EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT??? I got so sick and tired of kids complaining about food that I have each of the kids tell me something they want to eat that week. Carter and Anna make their selections with my help, which is an added bonus. But then, whenever anyone complains, I just say, "Well, you get to have ___________ on your night. Tonight, we're having what __________ chose." It does seem to help. . .
(When I said Carter and Anna make their selections, I mean they actually do the cooking and not that I influence what they choose. . . )
sounded yummy to me! breaded chicken of any kind is a huge underaking for that many people!
one ideal i like is the 'yucky' list. everyone in the family (even mom and dad) get to list three things that they don't have to eat that month. if it's not on the list, they have to eat it without complaining (though maybe just a taste if it's brussel sprouts). that way they have a free pass for some things, they have to try other things, and hopefully they don't complain as much.
I do agree with Rachelle - why do we have to eat so much? Its just rude.
I'd love that recipe! Send it over. My kids love breaded things - chicken, finger steaks, etc. so that might be a winner over here.
I hear ya. And, unfortunately, I remember doing that same thing to Mom...remember that lemon fish that Jewel and I were gagging down and finally threw back up on our plates? Lovely. Hopefully none of my kids take it that far.
Don't bother for a few days and they'll start eating whatever you feed them. Mwahahahahaha!
Post a Comment