Monday, June 25, 2012

Sydney turns 2!

For Sydney's Birthday Celebration, Daphne dressed her and cousin Lily up in Princess clothes and even pulled Sydney's hair back into a little Cinderella bun.  (It's not staying very well, but now you can tell what it was supposed to look like . . . )

Opening presents.  On the right, Sean is helping her hold a box of 4 princess puzzles she got from Nona and Papa.  Sydney LOVES puzzles and is very good at them.  We do puzzles every day because she will take my hand and say, "Come on, Mom!  Puzzles!" 

Here is her cake.  I usually make them, but I just didn't have time.  So we got her name put on it, and put a Cinderella candle on that she loved, and it worked!  Although, I have to say that the leftovers didn't disappear as quickly as they normally do.




The Gariety kids and cousin Lily

The following pictures are not birthday pictures, but I wanted to include them anyway, because this is typical Sydney.  She is a monkey, so she can climb pretty much anywhere she wants to.  She frequently climbs onto the counter and gets into the cupboard where I store the chocolate chips.  She then proceeds to help herself to her daily chocolate fix.  (See how they are almost gone?) 


Can you believe all those curls?  I can't help myself, but give them a little tug and say "boing" whenever I walk by her.
We just love having this little "sweet pea" in our family.  
Happy Birthday, Sydney!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't believe how perfectly curly Sydney's hair is! She's adorable.

elise said...

LOVE her hair! just like my rayna's :) there's no help for it, 'boing' is ment to happen! what a cutie, and exactly like my 2-yr-old and the chocolate chips too, though he steals his from the freezer... there's no place safe from a determined 2-yr-old monkey child! and really, who can blame them? it's chocolate!