Friday, October 05, 2012

And Gariety #6 is . . .

A Boy!
Due Feb. 18, 2013

We had our ultrasound yesterday and got to see this cute little guy through "the binocularth that can thee through your thkin" (Hayden's description of the ultrasound machine.) Daphne was hoping for another little sister, but it didn't take her long to be thrilled about a little boy.  She said, "Boys diapers are easier to change anyway."

And I'm pretty sure our little guy got my straight nose.  (All the other kids were lucky and got Arthur's cute nose.  ;)  I hope that's not embarrassing to him that I think his nose is cute.)  Although on a boy, maybe my nose will look very distinguished.


Here are our name ideas so far:
In preparation to teach his little brother all the ways of boys, Hayden suggested Ammo! (as in ammunition such as nerf darts and BBs etc . . .)
Daphne likes Peter
I suggested Mitt Ryan Gariety (a little political, but actually has a nice ring to it, I think.  ;)
Hayden suggested Kaidon, and Sean suggested John (as if I don't already get all the names mixed up!)  Sean also contributed Darth Vader.
I can't remember what Dallin suggested.  But he advised against the name John because he knows a really nice kid named John and doesn't want our little guy to mess the name up.  (Come on, Dallin, have a little faith!)
Bennett, Stone, and Arthur are also in the brainstorming mix.  My favorites right now are Bennett Arthur Gariety or Bennett Stone Gariety.
Arthur tends to use the "veto" power more frequently than the "contributing ideas" power but he has contributed a few this time around, and they are:  Grand Finale Gariety, or Caboose, or The End . . .  you get the picture.

It takes us forever to zero in on a name, so nobody will know until we bring this little guy home what we finally decide on.  In the meantime, feel free to add suggestions to our list.  We're excited to meet this new little Gariety in about 4 1/2 more months!

13 comments:

Eric and Jewels said...

Yahoo! For another Gariety boy! I think he does have your straight nose and I'm sure he's gonna look just as cute and handsome as all your other boys!

Pam said...

Might I suggest (following Arthur's line of thinking) Ender Garitey. IF you have ever read Enders Game book series, you may recognize the name. Interestingly enough in the book his name is Ender Wiggin. Joe and I joked about naming Matthew Ender so he could be Ender Wiggins, but that just seemed mean, even if he was our last. :)

Seriously though, I love the name Dean (Joe vetoed that one for me) and Eli (or Elijah or Elias but really, just Eli). I also love Chase (though that seems more like a premonition than a name). Congrats! He is sure to be quite the little stud, and your nose looks gorgeous on you, I am sure it will look fabulous on him.

Julie Barnes said...

Congratulations! How fun! What a wonderfully full house! John is a good name; maybe they would go for Jonathan or something. :)

Kristine said...

congrats! so, so happy for you!

Unknown said...

If you do happen to have #7....just let Bro. Gariety know that we will take that child off your hands! =) Congratulations!! So excited for you!

Rachelle said...

Yay!!! So exciting! I have a "the end" onesie that you can have for your little guy. Griffin outgrew it in about 2.2 seconds. . .

I like Bennett. We tossed that name around as a boy's name when we were deliberating too. I also like Lincoln and Jackson.

alan and bonnie said...

We are so excited for your family!! I understand how hard it is to find a name. Alan and I didn't have a name for Spencer until the day 3 in the hospital. We knew we had to put something on the paperwork before we left!!

Mindy said...

Melanie's vote is Clayton (nickname Clay), and one of my favorites is Jackson. Love your ideas so far (wouldn't pick "Ammo" though...)

Erin said...

Love Arthur's suggestions. Those are Chip's as well. (:
Your maiden name would actually work and be cool. Some of us aren't so lucky. Good luck with a boy name. Boys are so hard for us. This time around we both agreed on one a couple of weeks ago and that's it...no more talk. I have 3 weeks to go, hopefully not past 4.
Hope the rest of your pregnancy is pleasant and uneventful. (:

Melanie said...

Haha! PLEASE name him Ammo!! I love it!
Seriously though, if you need some more suggestions, here are mine:
Jones Arthur Gariety (Yes, as in Indiana Jones)
Rett Arthur Gariety (Yes, as in Gone with the Wind)
Charles Ammo Gariety (Yes, as in ammunition)
I don't know if any of your sons have the middle name of Arthur yet... but hey, who says two brothers can't have the same middle name?? (You could always go with Ammo)
Love you, AND your straight nose!

Reed Family said...

We are dying over Arthur's contributions. Grand Finale Gariety. Too Much! Mitt Ryan is also quite witty Sharee. :) Whatever you name the littly tyke, he is sure to be beyond DARLING. Congratulations! :)

Kim Breinholt said...

I actually like Ammo! Super appropriate for a kid with 3 older brothers. What if you named him Ammon and just called him Ammo?

Kris said...

Feb 18th is my and Dan's wedding anniversary AND Sean Wood's birthday! Big day!!