Monday, October 15, 2012

Crimson Maple Trail

Friday, October 12, 2012
Cibola National Forest
4th of July Campground

Friday was the fall break holiday for the kids, so after lunch, we drove out to the Fourth of July Campground area and went for a "hike" (aka walk) through the beautiful fall colors.  We took a trail called the Crimson Maple Trail, and it was gorgeous.  I couldn't stop taking pictures.  So here's a WHOLE BUNCH!

When we got out of the car, Lily and Sydney ran to each other and hugged like they hadn't seen each other in YEARS!  I know I'm biased, but seriously, they are completely darling.

Nothing short of miraculous getting all those kids smiling in the same picture, 
AND it only took 2 shots to get this one!  

me and syd

holding  hands

the girlys

Lilly, wasn't super excited about getting torn away from her girl cousins to take some family shots . . .



just pretty

smiles

sillies

This time we got a smile out of Lily.  Maybe it's because there was laughy-taffy waiting for her . . .


Happy FALL!


sisters

Arthur and the boys





What a gorgeous, perfect day!  
When our hike was done, we all came back to our place and had a dinner of 
delicious Chipotle Chocolate Chili and sweet cornbread.  
Oh how I love fall!

8 comments:

Eric and Jewels said...

This hike was so much fun, thanks again for inviting us along! My post on this outing will be coming shortly, thanks for giving me a few of your pictures I love the ones with Lily and Sydney together super cute ;)

Melanie said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! What a fun day! You got a lot of great pictures, and that one at the top of Lilly and Syd is PERFECT! Miss all those cute kids! Can't wait to see everyone!

Erin said...

What's your recipe for the chili? Sounds yummy!

Mindy said...

That trail looks gorgeous!

Rachelle said...

beautiful!

alan and bonnie said...

I loved seeing all the pictures!! Fall and Spring are my most favorite times of the year.

Reed Family said...

Absolutely stunning! You took some incredible pictures. Our leaves havn't changed much yet, but I am looking forward to it!
So, Daphne looks SOOOO GROWN UP! I can't stand it. Such a little lady.
I didn't know you had such a gift for crossing your eyes! Seriously. You deserve a prize. Best darn crossed-eyes I've ever seen!
And, I love all the family pictures! You had EVERYONE smiling. That is awesome!
ps. the other day, after Jemma got off the phone with Daphne, she told said, "Mom, Aunt Sharee is having another baby. There will be SIX kids in their family! She is BrAvE." Made me laugh. And for the record, I informed her that you are not only brave, but incredibly AWESOME - one of the best moms I know. :)

Reed Family said...

Absolutely stunning! You took some incredible pictures. Our leaves havn't changed much yet, but I am looking forward to it!
So, Daphne looks SOOOO GROWN UP! I can't stand it. Such a little lady.
I didn't know you had such a gift for crossing your eyes! Seriously. You deserve a prize. Best darn crossed-eyes I've ever seen!
And, I love all the family pictures! You had EVERYONE smiling. That is awesome!
ps. the other day, after Jemma got off the phone with Daphne, she told said, "Mom, Aunt Sharee is having another baby. There will be SIX kids in their family! She is BrAvE." Made me laugh. And for the record, I informed her that you are not only brave, but incredibly AWESOME - one of the best moms I know. :)