Thursday, January 03, 2013

December Quotes

Daphne: Mom, I want a TV in my room.
Hayden:  Me too!
Mom:  Not likely, guys.
Daphne:  That's not fair.
Hayden:  Well you have a TV in your room.
Mom:  Because we are grown-ups.
Hayden:  That's not fair either.

Hayden:  How old do you have to be to ask a girl out?
(oh boy.)

Daphne did a country report this month on Greece.  In her research, she came across a picture of a little naked baby being baptized in the Greek Orthodox Church.  Her reaction: Well that's awkward.

Sydney:  I need a paper!  (she asks for a paper whenever she needs a napkin or a tissue.)

Sydney:  Hayden, put it away!  Put it away or I spank your bottom.  1 . . .  2 . . .  3!  Go sit on Dryer!

Driving to school one day, Sean declared,  
"When I'm the president, I'm gonna make a law that says: No Buckling!"  

Sean:  (a few days later)  I actually don't want to be president.  I want to be a teacher instead, with a classroom full of kids, and I would just let them PLAY!

Hayden:  Mom, these markers say they are washable, but they ARE NOT!
Me:  Were you trying to erase them?  Because washable doesn't mean "erase-able."
Hayden:  . . . oh.

Me:  Daph, could you scoop up some ice cream for the little boys?
Daph:  Child-scoops, or Emma-scoops?
(Emma--Do you love that you are a household name in our family for "a LOT of ice cream"?)

Sydney:  Mommy, you went peepee in the toilet?  Good job Mom!  (clapping her hands)

Hayden and Sydney were sitting watching the DVD menu repeat over and over waiting for me to press play.  I had gotten busy with something else and had forgotten they were waiting for me until I heard Hayden sigh, "Thith ith tho boring."

Daphne:  I'm glad I'm me and have my good looks, 
because there are lots of boys who like me at school.

1 comment:

Eric and Jewels said...

As always I love your qoute post, I got a real kick out of Sean's wanting to be the president then changing his mind the next day and instead wanting to be a teacher so he could just let the kids play ;) and Hyden's "thith isth tho boring" got a good laugh too since I've done the same thing to my kids... start a movie but forget to actually start it so they're watching the movie menu for a awhile and Hyden is right it does get boring ;)