Monday, October 21, 2013

some random stuff in October

Sydney
Just a cute picture of Sydney

Show Choir
Dallin auditioned for his middle school's Show Choir at the end of last year and made it.  So he has been waking up early each morning so he can get there by 7:10 for rehearsal before school starts.  He is really enjoying it.  He recently had his first choir concert, so here are a couple pictures of that.  We were kind of far away, so they aren't that great.

 Here is Dallin next to . . . ? some kid in show choir as they were getting ready to start.

Dallin is right in the middle of this picture. I think.  This is the show choir getting ready to sing "Circle of Life"--they had an Africa theme for this concert, and it was really fun to listen to songs from all the choirs from Africa or about Africa or even with a connection as remote as Lion King.  :)  The show choir also sang Waka Waka, a fun song by Shakira that mentions Africa.  Dallin was killin' it with his choreography. 

Melanie came to visit
My sister, Melanie, came to visit for Balloon Fiesta this year, and on Friday we went to Hobby Lobby to get a couple of things to make a Fall wreath for my door.  When we saw these gigantic flowers, we couldn't resist the chance to take some goofy pictures.



The wreath I made.  I love it.  Melanie had some great ideas about flowers and burlap choices, so she deserves credit in the creation of this wreath as well.  

1 comment:

Eric and Jewels said...

Dallin is such a handsome guy and I'm so glad he enjoys singing cause he's got a great voice. I totally love that wreath you made. Super cute and those pictures you took next to the gigantic fake flowers were fun and I actually thought you looked very pretty next to them :)