Friday, December 06, 2013

November Quotes

Sydney: (quoting Tangled) "Ahhh, the Snuck-ehling Duck-ehling."

Sydney:  Mom, can we go to Chick-Fil-A?  
(Sydney asks me this question every time I pick her up from preschool.  This is an extremely dangerous question, because I am particularly susceptible to the Chick-Fil-A temptation.  And especially if it's just Sydney and me to pay for  . . .)

At Hayden's parent/teacher conference, Miss Phillips told me a cute story about Hayden.  She said the new school counselor is legally blind and came to talk the class one day.  The children were asking her questions.  One asked her if she could go to a doctor to get her eyes fixed.  She told them her eyes couldn't be fixed by a doctor.  Then Hayden raised his hand and said, "Don't worry.  When you get resurrected, your eyes will see perfect."

Sean:  Can I have screen time?
Me:  Have you read your scriptures yet?
Sean:  Yes, I read them. 
Me:  What did you read about today? 
Sean:  Oh, just some battles and whatnot.  The Lamanites are having a big battle.  Kinda reminds me about Star Wars.  How the Empire decided to strike first instead of waiting for the other guys to attack.
(Hey, whatever it takes to stay engaged, right?)

Sydney:  Can the Carter's come to our house tonight?
Me:  No, they are coming to watch you tomorrow.
Sydney:  When we go home, we will sleep and sleep and sleep and then tomorrow, the Carter's will come visit!  I like the Carters because they are just so happy.

Hayden's response to the Bishop's question during tithing settlement:   Heavenly Father opens up the windows in heaven and pours out a bunch of blessings on us.  
(that boy has been paying attention in primary!)

During a scary part in a Harry Potter movie,  Sydney said while covering her face, "Hurry, everybody--don't look!"

Hayden:  I totally don't have the priesthood yet!

Hayden is really excited about Dallin's recent ordination to the priesthood.  He has been going around telling anyone who will listen, "Hey, Dallin is in the priesthood now.  Dallin is in the Aaronic priesthood."

At Stake Conference, Sean ran into our former Bishop in the bathroom.  Bishop told him he was looking' good in his suit and he'd better be careful because all the girls would start chasing him.  Sean gave him a terrified look, while Hayden piped up from the stall, "That thoundth good!"  

Later during the meeting, Hayden whispered to me, "Mom, can I have a thuit?  They thell thuitth for little guyth.  I thaw a tiny little guy in a thuit right over there."  (It wasn't until after the meeting that I found out the motivation behind Hayden's sudden interest in wearing a suit.)  


5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Better watch out for those good looking Gariety kids, Sharee! Dallin and Daphne look so grown up and lovely last night :)

Eric and Jewels said...

Hayden cracks me up! I love that he wants a suit so that the ladies will chase him :) and I love that Sean is terrified of being chased.

Melanie said...

This is awesome! I second Julianne's comment, that Hayden boy is a hoot!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Those kids are so awesome! They make us laugh :)

Jennifer said...

These are hysterical! I can't stop laughing over Hayden's comment from the bathroom stall! Love all your kids!!!