I don't know what it is about January that makes me want to redo everything in my house. Maybe it's finally having some time to breathe after the rush of the holidays. Maybe it's the new year and new goals and new-found energy. But whatever it is, we have been doing our fair share of projects over here.
Finally got the older boys room painted, and the beadboard finished.
Made a wreath that I pinned on Pinterest.
Doesn't happen often so I have to document when it does.
Here's a big one: We painted nearly the entire downstairs in a weekend. Entry hall, family room, laundry room and kitchen nook.
| everything pulled away from the walls |
| before |
| after: I know this picture doesn't look much different, but trust me, it is! |
| Nice to be done with that red color--it was a mistake! :) |
Arthur and I got this for our birthdays.
It's a dual beveled compound miter saw! Can't wait to make some cool stuff with it.
Arthur used the miter saw to fix a bunch of drawers that the kids had broken.
Here I am learning to use it. Yeah, it felt pretty amazing.
A pile of wood that I cut. :) I know it doesn't look very impressive, but hey! gotta start somewhere. I'm turning these into some cute picture frames that I also saw on--where else?--Pinterest. :)





5 comments:
I love that the kids have learned the ins and outs of the "maybe"s and the "I'll think about it"s. Funny! You look very powerful using your new saw!
I love all the new decor! The paint looks so fresh and nice and the wreath is awesome!! That saw cracks me up, you look like "I am woman hear me roar!" :)
Man, so many awesome projects! Also I'm glad you still make use of that puff jacket!!
All I've ever wanted for my birthday is a miter saw. I am super jealous. One day...
That comment by Ian, was Evelyn. This one is Evelyn, too. Ian wouldn't want a miter saw for his birthday. Ian would want a gadget that costs 1,000 dollars.
That's all he ever wants.
Post a Comment