September 18, 2015
The Bus Stop
Today was Mr. Terry's last day as our elementary school bus driver. I don't remember any of my bus drivers from school. But I can confidently say that Mr. Terry is the best bus driver ever. He is retiring to take care of his wife who is a brain cancer survivor. She is currently relearning how to walk. I'm really thankful for ordinary people like bus drivers who go out of their way to make the world a better place in their own unique way. Mr. Terry decorated his bus for the seasons and holidays. He called me to give me treatment tips for Hayden's frequent bloody noses. Once, he made a special stop by our house because Hayden didn't make it to the bus stop on time due to his shoes being missing. Mr. Terry made the ride to and from school a good way to start and end each school day. He could have been mean and cranky but instead he lined the windows with leaf garland and hung hot air balloons from the ceiling in the fall. He put antlers and a red nose on his bus in December. My kids and I will always remember him because he took the time to brighten his space in the world. And it brightened ours too. Mrs. Terry is in good hands.



No comments:
Post a Comment