So Natalie blog tagged me which apparently means I get to write six things about myself and tag somebody else. So if you aren't interested in six "Sharee facts" you can skip this post. I won't be offended (because I won't even know.) It's kind of hard to think of six things that aren't super obvious. Let's see . . .
1. I love to sleep. When I'm finally done for the day, and my head hits the pillow, it is like heaven. Arthur calls it "the flop" when I climb into bed and just drop into the downy goodness of my wonderful pillow. I really can't find words to describe it--It's just marvelous.
2. I have been keeping a journal since I was 8 years old. I received my first journal for my 8th birthday and have kept one ever since. I have filled probably 14 journals since then. I am not consistent by any means; I don't write every day or even once a week. Sometimes it's just once a month. But I enjoy keeping a journal because it's kind of therapeutic for me -- besides, "one should always have something sensational to read on the train." (name the play/movie).
3. I grew three gray hairs when we were in New York while Arthur got his Masters at Cornell. I couldn't believe it when I found them, and plucked them out as fast as I could. Thankfully I haven't sprouted any more since then. I guess that's just proof that stress can age you prematurely. Poor Arthur got too many gray hairs to pull out that year, so he is just accepting those gray hairs, however premature they may be. He's still very handsome though, gray hairs and all.
4. I believe in long, hot showers. I think that a long hot shower can fix almost anything. Does your back hurt? take a hot shower. Are you congested? shower. the steamier the better. Are you anxious or stressed out? shower. Can't hear yourself think? you can in the shower. How about a vocal rehearsal room? Can't beat the shower. It even has cool acoustics. I love hot showers so much, sometimes I take two in a day. I know it's a bad habit, especially for somebody who lives in a desert, but what can I say? I just believe in showers.
5. I don't watch TV. I watch movies, but I rarely sit down and watch TV. I don't have any TV shows that I watch regularly, or care if I miss. Even the sound of it continuously on bothers me. I'd much rather curl up with a good book and relax that way.
6. My senior year in college, I wrote a really great paper that my professor thought I plagiarized. I worked in the music office, and he knew me personally, so I was shocked that he could believe me capable of that dishonesty. I was almost in tears when he confronted me about it. But after several minutes of grilling me about the paper, I eventually convinced him that I'd actually written it. I guess that could be considered a compliment in a weird, twisted sort of way, if you can get past the insult on my integrity. Anyway. I got a big fat A on that paper, so Go Me!
And here's a bonus tidbit, since I'm on a roll: My favorite candy bar is Twix. mmm . . . I love those.
Okay, I'm tagging Melanie, and I don't know if this is allowed, but I'm tagging Julianne and Jenny too, even though they don't have blogs, because I wish they did. So maybe you guys should start one and your first post can be "Six Fabulous Facts About Me!"
4 comments:
Sharee, this is Lara (Ellertson) by the way. I totally remember Dr. Harker doing that to you with your paper. I also remember reading the paper, which was excellent. I can understand why it would be traumatizing enough to include on your six things about you though. I don't know how I would react if my teacher did that to me.
Hi! Check out my post for this same topic from a while ago...
http://www.narduzzination.com/2007/07/ok-jeff-i-accept-your-challenge.html
haha, the Importance of Being Ernest!! that movie has the best quotes!
love you sharee!
Man,melanie wrote down importance of being earnest before I could post a comment. I am with you on the whole T.V. watching thing. I didn't know about the gray hairs, I actually think I have three or four that I just noticed last week. That stinks! I'll be sure to pluck away!
Post a Comment