Friday, June 27, 2008

Canyonlands & Arches National Parks

On the way up to Utah for Grandma's funeral, we stopped at the Canyonlands, and Arches National Parks. They were well worth the time! In fact, I think we'll probably have to go again when we have more time and actually camp up there so we can do some of the longer hikes that are available. 

We did a couple of hikes, 1-2 miles each, and the kids did really well. Dallin and Daphne are GREAT hikers. Sean made it half-way before he quit, and Hayden just enjoyed the ride.

It was a good time! The views were great, and the hikes were really fun because it was a lot of climbing and exploring, which is always more fun than staying on a marked trail. 

Hayden enjoying the ride

In a cave

Some cool formations behind us



Dallin's photography.  Not bad.

Sean chasing a long-eared hare

Double Arch

Arthur, Dallin, Daphne and Sean up in the center of one of the arches. 
They really are incredible!  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos Sharee! And Dallin is turning into quite a little photographer. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother, I hope your family is doing well. Love and hugs from California. Miss you all!

Reed Family said...

I have been waiting for a new post from you and natalie forever!!! I hope you got some good pics from your time out in Cali too. I'm so jealous I couldn't be there with you guys. Anytime some of the family gets together and I'm not there, I feel jipped...I'm sure you can relate. Anyway, I'm glad you guys finally got to stop and check out the arches and whatnot in Moab.

S+S said...

Those arches are truly amazing. I love the color of the rock. Thanks for sharing.

jenn goodman said...

Just beautiful!!!!