We have been learning some fun facts about Robins
from a non-fiction book we checked out at the library.
Dallin suggested checking out non-fiction books because he wanted to learn about deep sea creatures. I figured learning was a pretty good idea. So I checked out a book about robins since there are some living in our backyard. And would you guess I actually learned some stuff?
- Did you know that robins lay about three blue eggs in their nest? Ours laid four, which must imply that our robin is an above-average sort of robin.
- Did you know that baby robins need to be fed every ten minutes during the day? (and I thought our newborns took a lot of time!)
- Did you know that a mom and dad robin have two families per growing season? One batch for the spring and one batch for the summer.
Our robins have recently laid the eggs for their second family, and we were able to crawl up and get a picture of the blue eggs from on top of the tree house. They look so cool!
1 comment:
That's so neat. Thanks for teaching me a little about my flying friends. :D I couldn't imagine all those babies! (about 6 every year?!!)
Post a Comment