Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Festivities

Ward Trunk-or-Treat
Oct 24th

The kids wanted to do Harry Potter again this year.  This is the first time I have recycled costumes from another year.  At first it felt like a cop-out, but then, when I wasn't stressing out about finishing costumes in time, it felt REALLY GOOD!  I only did one new costume (if you can call it a costume--)  I added some feathers and wings to one of Hayden's white fleece hoodies so he could be "Hedwig."

Ron, Harry, Hedwig, Snape, Hermione, and Trelawny (who was taking the picture.)

October 25th:

Sugar Cookies on Saturday night. 



October 29th:

Wednesdays are short days at school--so they had all the class parties and costume parade on Wednesday.  Dallin and Arthur made Harry's "Nimbus 2000" out of branches from our recent pruning projects.  Dallin was so proud of it.  Daphne is dressed as a scarecrow because all the kindergarten classes dressed as scarecrows together.  It was really cute!



The Hubert Humphrey Costume Parade


October 29th evening:


Carving Pumpkins

October 30th:

Sean dressed up as Woody for his preschool Halloween Party.  Sometimes Sean likes to go to preschool and sometimes he doesn't.  It just so happened that Thursday was an off day--I barely got him to stay for his Halloween Party.  ???  I can't figure this kid out.

October 31st:
Me with my little ones who are ready to head out for trick-or-treating.
I stayed home to pass out candy this year, and start the home-made donuts for when they returned home with their sugary spoils.


Here they go!



And now they're back!



Hayden wasn't about to miss out on any of the treats. 
 He scavenged and found anything left unattended for more than 2 seconds.


Despite all the sugar, Sean is still looking forward to the "circles!" 


We enjoyed donuts after changing into jammies and watching "Harry Potter."


Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like a fun week! Glad it was stress free as far as costumes go. We borrowed all of ours this year...it was great!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Awe! So cute. Little Hedwig was my favorite. I like the doughnuts too - such a great idea.

Jon & Bridget said...

I love all the costumes. You are seriously talented :) I can't believe how big Hayden is getting. They just grow up way too fast. I am glad you had a successful Halloween!

Anonymous said...

oh so cute! I love the new edition! Hayden made a brilliant hedgwig! love you guys and cant wait to see you all!

Eric and Jewels said...

Sharee just wanted you to know that Hayden's costume was awsome and Arthur's wig just cracks me up. It looks like you guys had a fun Halloween....dressing up, going trick-or-treating and home made donuts just tops it all off :) Love you guys!!!

Sarah said...

Fun times and good memories. I've made homemade doughnuts before and I've decided they're not worth it! I felt like a greaseball for days.