Every year after Christmas my family goes up to Northstar (Lake Tahoe area) and stays at "Stonehaven," my grandpa's 7 room cabin for a few days. It is such a blessing to have this available to us since it's hard to fit us all in a regular house these days. We just go up and enjoy good food, good company, skiing/snowboarding, games, movies, and lots of great hanging out time.
Chillin'
Arthur, Dallin & my brother Nathan hitting the slopes.
Stone Family
Last time we'll all be together until Reed gets home from his mission.
Mom and all the sisters
We spent a lot of time on New Years Eve singing. We went through the hymn book and sang as a family lots of our favorites. There was a really sweet spirit as we all sang together. Then we got a little silly. One of the best was "In our Lovely Deseret." If you've never sung this hymn, I suggest you get out your hymn book and sing it for your next family night. The words are quite humorous, and it's really fun for kids to sing. "Hark! Hark! Hark! tis children's music!"
The above picture is just the sisters singing some Les Miserables stuff (After most everyone else was all sung out.) We were having such a hilarious time. Anyone who is familiar with Les Mis probably knows that it's not exactly a funny musical. But I guess everything is funny when you drink too much sparkling cider.
Me & Dad on the chair lift
Arthur & I with Lake Tahoe in the background.
The kids just havin' a ball.
Here is a little video montage of this year's best busts. My brother Reed loves to go off on "The Chute" and make a jump to practice his sweet moves on. I had to try and be cool too. There's no video of my landing, thank goodness, because I crashed into a tree. (and not a soft one either.) Luckily, I stopped myself with my hand before my head made contact. Arthur's fall at the end was pretty good. He just kept going, and going . . . Anyway, enjoy.
6 comments:
We had so much fun with you guys! I love Tahoe time! We had so much fun skiing with you two, and of course your kids are always so cute! I'm also so proud of you for updating. I check your blog all the time and was just about to comment the other day on your need for an update. Glad you beat me to the punch. We love you guys and your amazingly cute family.
What fun pictures! The family is getting so big! I remember going with everyone one year. Good times!
Sharee - you blog like me! I don't blog for weeks and then I sit down and blog for hours. I put the 'real' dates so it's more like a journal and it makes it look like I am so on top of things (which couldn't be further from the truth)! I love your huge family and it looks like you guys have so much fun together - what a blessing.
How Fun! I have good memories at Stonehaven with you guys when we were younger. Your family is getting so big...wow! Looks like a good time!
Sharee--Are you aware that Nurse Heidi of Food for Thought is Ben's sister? Maybe you found her through our blog. She's extremely amazing.
look slike you guys had so much fun. The family is growing and its great to see all the little kiddos. What lucky parents ROn and Loween are to have such a beautiful family with all those little grandkids!
Post a Comment