Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Home again, home again

We kidnapped my sister Emma and brought her back to stay with us for three weeks! Yahoo! So we stopped at the Grand Canyon on the way home since she'd never seen it, (and since the last time we went it was snowing.)

It was NOT snowing this time, and was really hot! Water was essential, in fact, I gave away one of our bottles of water to a cute elderly couple who'd run out. We were waiting for the shuttle bus, and I asked our kids (kind of loudly, I guess,) if anybody needed a drink of water and this little old gentleman said, "I do!" So I found the one unopened water bottle and gave it to them. He shared it with his wife and two granddaughters. Good thing we were all on our way back to the cars or we'd have been in trouble!


Emma with Daphne & Hayden on the shuttle bus.

Sure is grand.

The kids found some respite from the sun under a ledge.

What a view, huh?

2 comments:

Reed Family said...

okay, so I haven't been able to put a comment on all of your posts, but seriously, can you guys have any more fun!!! I am totally, unbelievably jealous...especially since we just got back to Oregon, and I am the only sister w/o a sister to hang out with now or in the near future. I am glad that you are having so much fun! We miss you guys and Jemma keeps saying she wants to go to Albuquerque. :) I told her we'll have to plan a trip. (are you still auditioning for the secret garden...christmas at your place sounds GREAT!) :)

p.s. how do you change the date on your posts? I couldn't figure it out.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Sharee! I will be rolling through that area in about a week and a half. And then....I will be rolling through New Mexico. Maybe we can all have lunch together or something like that???