Monday, November 30, 2009

Secret Garden update

I've had a lot of friends ask me how rehearsals are going. So I figured I'd give a quick update on how it's going. Rehearsals are going great. I have my lines & songs memorized and know my blocking and am practicing with props. I got fitted for my costumes and had pictures taken for the program. I've been learning to use my chest voice a little more since my songs are so low. The set is looking awesome, I've met some very nice people, and next week we move to the theater and add the orchestra, so that's all very exciting. I'm really looking forward performing.

But I'm also ready to be done. It's been very tricky juggling everything. I've had zero energy during the day, and I know my family is feeling it. (See my "Dinner Disaster" post for just one example.) So it will be good to be finished. For perhaps the first time in my life, I'm actually looking forward to January. Usually it's such a bleak month--nothing fun on the horizon and always kind of a let-down after the holidays. But funnily enough, the blank calendar page seems like light at the end of the tunnel for me.

But for now, we're bracing ourselves for December. Secret Garden opens in 11 days! And I really am very excited for the performances. And even more excited for all the family to come out for Christmas. We are fixing broken door handles, ordering more silverware, putting up extra towel hooks, and just getting all ready for our holiday houseful!!! We can't wait, guys!

No comments: