2004 from "Robin Hood"
Robin Hood & Maid Marion
2005 from "Peter Pan"
Captain Hook & Tinker Belle
(Sean was born just two months before and my awesome mother made their costumes when she came out to help me.)
2006 from "The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe"
Sir Peter Wolfsbane, Queen Lucy, and Aslan
I had great plans to be the ice queen, and make Arthur a wardrobe costume, but I ran out of time. Plus, Daphne's costume turned out to be pretty pricey!
2008 from "Harry Potter"
Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger
And Professors Snape and Trelawney
(yay! we finally got to dress up!)
2008--recycled our Harry Potter costumes, and added Hedwig
And . . . Drumroll, please . . .
The 2009 theme was
STAR WARS
Princess Leia, Obi-Wan-Kenobi, Yoda, and R2D2
and . . .
Padme Amidala, and Anakin Skywalker a.k.a. Darth Vader
Obi-Wan's costume:
Tunic and boots from Good Will,
Jedi Cloak, borrowed,
and the rest we had on hand
Leia costume:
White robe-borrowed
boots from Good Will
and yarn for buns, from Walmart
R2D2
This costume I actually made
It's a big piece of white felt and a beanie that I sewed colored felt pieces to make all his gadgets.
Sean loved his costume and wore it all over the place.
Yoda
I love this costume!
totally borrowed--no effort whatever
From our ward Halloween Party:
(great job, Amber--it was awesome!)
The kids enjoyed frosting sugar cookies
and face painting
Arthur (who is on the activities committee)
did a bang-up job of cooking the hotdogs!
Sean won "the most technologically advanced" costume award.
Hayden souped up on sugar!
And, what do you know?
Our family won "Best Family Costume!"
Here we are with our major award
Halloween Night
We had some tasty treats for dinner:
pumpkin cheese ball
"Mummy fingers"
don't know why this picture didn't rotate, but you get the gist.
Apple "bites" with carmel
And Witch's Brew
trick-or-treating
We went with a group of kids who, purely by coincidence, were ALL Star Wars characters, and none of them were repeats!
Sean & Hayden devouring their spoils
Every year, we go to visit our next door neighbor from our prior neighborhood. Her name is Barbara, and she is the sweetest lady ever. She brings the kids treats for Easter, and gets them a special treat for Halloween and really looks forward to them coming to visit her every year. I try to visit more than just at Halloween, but she especially loves to see them in their costumes.
We love sweet Barbara!
6 comments:
oh my goodness, Sharee I'm in LOVE!!! you always do such a rad job with your themes!! I'm so impressed on how thrifty you were! seriously way to be!Sean's R2D2 costume was RAD, Hayden was adorable with the Yoda ears, Dalliln and Daphne totally rocked the look and I'm so jealous that you got to be padme!! seriously I have a dream of one day wearing that exact costume you wore!!Arthur also made a smashing Darth Vader! looked like you guys had a total blast! I wish I could've been there!!
LOVE
MEL
Sharee I loved all your costumes!! You are such an awesome mom!! Little Hayden as yoda was so cute and Sean's costume was pretty dang sweet! You're so creative I love it and envy it at the same time :) I was a loser this year and didn't dress anyone up but I promise to do so next year. Again loved the family costumes, everyone including you and Arthur looked fantastic!
Oh my heck! Your family looked StElLaR!!! I love all your kids costumes and you and Arthur looked awesome too! (Maybe Brandon and I will get the courage to dress up with our kids next year...) I am so proud of you for all your hard work and thriftiness in putting together their costumes. Always super impressive. Love you guys!
I love your family costumes. We did it a couple of years. I would love to keep it up but I'm not that organized and I try to hit up the store after Halloween to get a discount. I just bought next year's costumes.
Hayden is such a cute Yoda and Sean looks great as R2D2! you guys are awesome, good job Sharee, I might have to hire you to come up with an idea for me next year :)
love all the costumes. It gets harder to keep the theme the more kids you get and the older they get. We go for a theme too, but Im not sure how much longer it will last because the kids are getting more "opinionated" :)
Post a Comment