Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving! Ah, I love Thanksgiving. Arthur's brother Mike and his wife Amber came to spend the weekend with us, and we loved having them! Here are the kids making beautiful name tags for our Thanksgiving feast.


Here is the delicious turkey, the rolls waiting to go in the oven, and the pot of potatoes. I'm still not tired of the leftovers.


Me and Amber taking pictures of the feast, and each other.


Dallin set the table for us with gold paper napkins wrapped around the silverware, name-tags on our plates and special decorations on the table. He did a great job.


I didn't get a picture of us sitting down for the feast because I couldn't find where Dallin put the camera after he took this shot of his handiwork. But rest assured it was phenomenal. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole (that Dallin made) delicious fruit salad with some of the sweetest, juiciest pineapple ever, warm rolls, and three kinds of pies for dessert. (I just finished the last one for breakfast this morning . . .) We were full and sleepy for the rest of the day.

We're so glad Mike and Amber could come to visit. We have so much fun with them, and the kids just adore them. When Uncle Mikey told Sean they were leaving last night, Sean protested, "But we didn't have the Thanksgiving Dinner!" (He had been anticipating the Thanksgiving Feast for days, and days, so when we sat down to eat, I made sure he knew that this was it by saying, "Sean! This is our Thanksgiving Feast! Isn't it great?") So, Uncle Mikey told him that we did have our Thanksgiving dinner. And Sean said, "No, that was a Thanksgiving Feast. We need a Thanksgiving Dinner." oh boy.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

2 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

We love you guys and miss you already!

Eric and Jewels said...

Your Thanksgiving meal looked amazing! We had fun at Eric's but I tell you I really missed having those homemade cresent rolls so I'm looking forward to having them at Christmas.