Sugar Cookies
Dancing
Hayden thought he'd died and gone to heaven with
all the goodies laying around for him to sneak into.
Our Christmas Eve tradition of reinacting the Nativity is one of my favorites. Our costumes were a little . . . different this year because I don't have real ones like my mom, so Melanie got creative with our dress-up bin.
really creative.
Thanks for directing the show, Mel. You are brilliant!

cousin Kyrie, the angel
(I'm having fun playing around with my new iphoto special effects. :)
I told Arthur that we need a bigger mantel to hang up the stockings. He said, "The mantel is fine, Sharee, we just have too many stockings." We had 22 stockings!
( I wish I had a better shot--this one is kind-of blurry.)
Christmas Morning:

Preparing the feast:
Hayden LOVED eating the pomegranates while Mom and I shelled them. He shoved fistful after fistful into his mouth like they were candy. Thanks for bringing those out, Mom.
They are such a treat!
Mom made these aprons for all of her girls. We loved them!
traditional fake laugh.
We just have too much fun when we get together.

Arthur, carving the turkey

mmm, the pomegranate salad and homemade rolls. so delicious.
Thanks so much for coming out guys. I know it was hundreds and hundreds of miles for you all to drive, but we are so grateful you all made the effort to be here. I especially appreciate all the help with meals, dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc. We loved having you all here at our home, and can't wait for the next party!
5 comments:
We had such a wonderful time at your home! Thank you so much for inviting all of us and for making it all so much fun!!! Love and miss you guys!
So. . . you and your sisters don't look a THING alike. Are you sure you're all blood related?!?!!
Amber sent me a video on how to get all the pomegranate seeds out in a jiffy. It is awesome and takes so much less time! I'll send it to you...remind me if I forget.
It looks like a fun time was had by all. : )
HA!!! so funny I wrote the same thing about the "traditional fake laugh!! so great!
hey I love what you did with the pictures on iphoto! props sharee props!
love you!
mel
Post a Comment