Monday, January 25, 2010

Daphne's Little Gym Performance

Last semester, Daphne took a class at the Little Gym where they did half gymnastics and half dance. The dance was both tap and ballet. We loved watching Daphne perform her little dances and gymnastics skills, and she especially loved her dance costume.


Daph is a pro at the uneven bars. The cool thing about this combo class is that she could try them all out and decide what she likes best, and she said her favorite was gymnastics. So we'll probably try to find just a gymnastics class for her. But the dancing sure was cute!


gotta love their shiny tap shoes.


Daphne was having trouble getting her little tap shoes tied, so Dallin hopped down and helped her get them tied for her tap number. I love that picture.


This is the "creative movement" section. She got to do whatever she wanted all the way across the room, all by herself. Isn't she glorious? Oh, I love this girl.


At the end, they each got called up to the podium and received a participation medal which she proudly took for show and tell at school the following Friday.


I tried uploading video of her performances, but I'm having trouble getting them on. So Mom and Dad, I'll get Arthur to help me and post them later. They were pretty cute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how tall Daphne is! And getting so pretty. Miss your little gal and you of course too, Sharee!

Reed Family said...

I can't wait to see the video! All those pics are SOOOO cute! What a cool combo class!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Daph you look so beautiful in your dance costume!! I think you will be great at gymnastics. You'll have to teach uncle Monkey how to do some flips when you come out this summer :)

Julie Smith said...

its time to eat come on lets go

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! I wish I could have been there to see her! I bet she was the best! I miss that little Diva!!
I also really liked the picture of where Dallin is helping Daphne tie her shoes. Very cute indeed!

Russ, Julie, and Kids said...

Oh, she looks so cute! I can't wait to have a little girl old enough for that... well, I won't wish my time away. But, CUTE!