Thursday, January 07, 2010

Paradise?

Yesterday, I saw a "Paradise Tours" bus driving down a street near my home. As I watched it driving down the road, I laughed right out loud. It just seemed oddly out of place. (Since we don't live in Hawaii, I'm not used to seeing busses with the word "Paradise" on them driving around town.) Now, I love a lot of things about living here in Albuquerque--I love the mountains and the sunsets, the roadrunners and the desert brush that turns golden in the afternoon. I love Balloon Fiesta, and green chili and the wonderful weather we enjoy. I can agree with "Land of Enchantment." But Paradise ? . . . Let's not get carried away.

2 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

That reminds me. When are you guys leaving for hawaii? (and do you have room in your suitcase for a stowaway?)

Jennifer said...

Hillarious! P.S. I reserved a third vehicle...it only seats 4 (or so it says) but Dad said one of us could ride in their van...we'll just split the cost of the 3rd vehicle. Love you Guys!