We had Dallin play some Basketball this year with a league called Upward that is sponsored by a local church. It seems like everybody does this league--every time we go to a game we recognize people from school or from our church, which makes it pretty fun.
Dallin had a great time playing, and wants to do it again next year. I think Daphne wants to try next year too.
They don't keep score, which was a good thing for Dallin's little team this year.
Let's just say, Dallin was one of the tall ones on his team. And he's not tall by any standard.
Unfortunately, I didn't get ANY pictures that turned out decently.
But here are a few that are the best of what I took.
This little guy on Dallin's team had some physical disabilities and hadn't made a basket all season. So at the practice before Brock's last game, the team decided to make a play called "operation Brock," (or something like that) When the coach yelled, "Operation Brock" from the sideline, whoever had the ball, was supposed to pass it to Brock (who had positioned himself close to the basket) and the coach would run out and lift him up to make a basket.
Here is Brock making his only basket of the season.
I thought about how much that would mean to me if I was Brock's mother. And how important it was for Brock to taste that little bit of success, with his teammates cheering him on.
And I cried as I watched.
5 comments:
I cried as I read! What a cool thing. It seems like there are so many mean things out there these days...but that story made me think of the song "I'll Walk With You" from the children's song book.
That's great that Dallin got to try something new this year! You guys are so good about involving your children in fun activities, but not OVER-involving them either. LOVE YOU GUYS!
Tissue anyone!! Thanks Sharee for sharing that, what a neat experience!
We love Upward - and I am crying! Thanks for sharing that sweet story. Go Dallin!
wow, Sharee thanks for sharing. what a great experience for Dallin to be apart of.
Very sweet!
I've never heard of Upward - which church runs it? Carter has been showing some basketball interest . . .
Post a Comment