Thursday, January 27, 2011

January Update

1.  My sister Emma flew out when Mom came to help Julianne with her baby.  Emma is staying with us until the middle of March, and we are so grateful to have her here!

2.  I am in the middle of directing our Stake's Youth production of From Cumorah's Hill.  The count as of the first rehearsal was 180 in the choir and about 30 in the orchestra. (I'm sure that number has gone down a bit since.)   I'm excited and nervous and it occupies a part of my brain almost constantly.  A regular part of my prayers lately is that this will be an uplifting and unifying experience for the youth who are participating and pleading for help on my part in not only preparing the youth for the performance, but helping them internalize the words.   

3.  Here are some pictures of a day at the park on a beautiful day in January.  

I can't get enough of this little sweater and bonnet  
It was made for Sydney by one of the parents of a piano student of mine.



4.  When Mom was here helping Julianne's family, we went to the zoo one day.  Mom, Emma and I took Lilly, Sean, Hayden and Sydney, so Jewel's had some quiet time to rest with the baby.  It was pretty cold, so we did a lot of the indoor exhibits first.  We found a perfect sunny spot, sheltered from the wind, to enjoy our lunch.  It was a fun day!


5. Sydney is 7 months old now, weighs 16 1/2 lbs, and is awesome at sitting up.  She is also a pro at a special kind of crawl that looks like an inch worm.  I think maybe she'll end up being very good at swimming the butterfly stroke.  She loves to blow raspberries especially when it's very quiet during church.  We just love this girl!

2 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

How much fun!! That is so awesome that Emma could come out and that you guys got to go to the zoo with your mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Sydney is getting so big! She's adorable in that sweater and bonnet, I love it!