Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When I grow up . . .

A recent dinner conversation:

Dallin:  When I grow up, I'm gonna be a scientist.
Sean:  When I grow up, I'm gonna have an axe.
Hayden: When I grow up, I"m gonna be a prithipal, or a caterpillar. (he's quoting an episode from The Simpson's that he's never seen.)
Emma:  When I grow up, I'm gonna be dead.
Dallin: You're already grown up.
Daphne:  Emma, when you grow up, you're gonna be a mom, like my mommy.  But you're not gonna be my mommy.  Just like my mommy.  I hope you don't die when you have a baby.
Emma:  me too.

a couple days later:

Hayden: When I grow up I'm gonna be a printhipal or a thquare.
Sean:  When I grow up, I'm gonna a "who-are-you?" or a Hammy-the-squirrel.
Hayden:  When I grow up, I'm gonna be a printhipal or the floor.  or the couch.  or clothes. or a toy.
Hayden:  When I grow up, I'll be a king, or FIRE
Hayden:  When I grow up, I'll be a . . 
Sean: a SHARK!
Hayden:  yeah, a Shark, like (chomping sounds) EATING SOMEONE!

oh, the possibilities!

3 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

You guys have too much fun :) It is so funny to hear all their comments - kids really do say the darnedest things :)

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

It's so funny to see where their minds go...

Send me your email address, we went private - lmcmlarsen@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

when I grow up I'm gonna be a Gariety!