July 8-13, 2013
Nona & Papa's House
Arthur was attending a conference up in San Francisco for the week of July 8-12, so we drove north from Natalie and Brian's and dropped him off in at his hotel. Instead of waking up early to beat the traffic, we went to church with Natalie and Brian and then drove up.
Well the traffic was horrible even when we were far past LA, and all together added 3 hours to our drive so we didn't arrive in SF until 10:30 at night. We had hoped that I wouldn't have to make the drive from SF to my parents house in the dark, because I am a VERY bad long distance driver especially at night. I just fall asleep so easily in the car. But I feel like Heavenly Father really blessed us because I was completely alert for the entire drive, and driving at that time of night, the traffic was pretty minimal. (Traffic really gives me anxiety!) So we were blessed.
We got to my parents' house just a few minutes after they had gotten home from a trip up to Washington State. Everyone was awake and excited because my brother had received his mission call while they were out of town, so we came in and got to hear the exciting news that he will be serving in the Uruguay, Montevideo Mission! I am so proud of Emma and Jacob for choosing to serve, and love that they get to prepare for their missions together.
The kids spent the week there at my parents house. They loved playing with legos, and swimming at the Brook's pool everyday, going to the park, playing games and collecting eggs from the chicken coop! I got to sneak away for a couple of the days to be with Arthur in SF, which was really fun also. Thanks for watching our crew, Mom, Emma and Reed!!! You guys are the best!
My brothers have the coolest legos. My boys could play with these for HOURS!
EGGS!
the park
1 comment:
Montevideo is where Ryan Shepherd ad David Cardiff served together. So fun!
Post a Comment