Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sydney's 3rd Birthday

June 25, 2013

We celebrated Sydney's 3rd birthday last month.  She asked for pizza and ranch for dinner and a pink princess cake for dessert.  She has been telling people for awhile that she is three years old (or 36 years old, depending on the day) so now it's actually true.  (3.  not 36.)  



 I just love her face in this picture.  I can even hear her laugh when I look at it.




She got two princess dolls; Merida and Ariel, and she also got a princess nightgown AND from Nona and Papa, she got these darling Cinderella shoes that look like glass slippers.  She wears them everywhere, including swim lessons.


In her new nightgown, and glass slippers

At Sydney's birthday celebration, we went around the table to say what we love about Sydney.  Among our favorite Sydney qualities were her silliness, her cute voice, her sense of style, and Dallin's observation was my favorite.  He said, "What I love about Sydney is that she knows who she is.  If you ask her if she is a princess, she says, "I NOT a princess!  I Sydney!""

It's true.  Sydney knows who she is, and what she likes, and she does not compromise.  She likes to wear skirts and "tights" (leggings) and shirts that don't match the skirt or the leggings, but somehow when she puts it together, it totally works.  And she also like yellow instead of red on her hotdogs,  (mustard instead of ketchup).  We love our Sydney and are so glad this little curly-haired spitfire came to our family!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Such a great picture of all the kids - even Bennett is in the background. Happy birthday, Sydney!!