Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Prophet Returns Home


From the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, NEWSROOM
Feature story — President Gordon B. Hinckley
“The President of the Church belongs to the entire Church. His life is not his own. His mission is to serve. … The Lord has permitted me to live; I do not know for how long. But whatever the time, I shall continue to give my best to the task at hand.” 
President Hinckley
What a great legacy our dear prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley, has left for us. He was a great example of service, hope, and optimism. He led by example, as he encouraged us to try to do our very best each day. I love him and will miss hearing his words and seeing him wave his cane to all of us. However, I am so glad that he is now reunited with his sweet wife. What a homecoming that must have been! I'm sure he was welcomed not only by his dear Marjorie, but also by the other prophets of this and ancient dispensations. I can't think of anybody who more deserved to hear the Father's words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

"In all of Living, have much fun and laughter.  Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley

4 comments:

Martin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martin Family said...

It is funny how you can find people in the bloging world. It is Hilary Liston now Martin. It is fun to see your family.

Anjanette said...

Hey! How fun to see your comment on my blog. What an unexpected & completely delightful surprise. Your little family is totally cute. I love the pics of your babe on your previous post. -anjanette

Martin Family said...

Hey, Well I am only 13 weeks along so I have a ways to go still. My husband is the Live Sound Engineer for the Church. He works for the following things. Musice and the Spoken Word, Conference, Temple Dedications, and anything else that is in the Conference Center or Tabernacle. He does not have a normal work seclude. He works all crazy hours and travels off and on. He is leaving for Idaho this week for the Rexburg Temple dedication. He has to go to Mesa ,AZ to set up and train a person to do the Easter Pageant and than it is off to Brazil some time in June for that Temple dedication. He really loves his job. Ther are perks for me to. Tickets to Conference, I can travel with him if I want, oh and the wonderful Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Party. So that is what my husband does for a job. Nice to hear back from you.

Hilary