Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bobby

For family home evening this week we were talking about some of the things that were brought up in the Worldwide Leadership Training meeting about Building up a Righteous Posterity. I shared this quote from Elder Dallin H. Oaks:

The family proclamation asks [fathers] to lead out. Fathers should call their families around them for family prayer. Fathers should make sure that family home evenings are held. . . The Lord holds the father responsible. That's why we read in the family proclamation that "fathers are to preside."

So then I went around and asked the kids, "Dallin, when you are a dad, who's responsible for calling your family together for family prayer?"

Dallin said, " Me!"

Then I asked, "And when Sean's a dad, who's responsible for calling his family for Family Home Evening?" Dallin & Daphne answered for him, "Sean!"

"Okay, here's a tricky one. When Daphne's a mom, who's in charge of calling her family together for scripture reading?"

Daphne thought for a little while and then said, "Umm . . . . Bobby!"


He is pretty cute, huh?

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Sharee, that is hilarious! I love it! And you are such a good mom, they are lucky to have you!

Brian, Natalie, Kyrie said...

That is so cute! Way to go Daphne, she already knows what she wants!

Erin said...

She knows how to pick them! He's cute!

Sara said...

So cute! I found your blog on Jenny's blog and I'm glad I did, you have such a cute family! Wow, four kids...I've been out of the loop! Your family is darling!

Anonymous said...

haha!! man I love Daphne,
did I tell you what she told emma about a pleasently plump woman in our ward?
she said "her dress is like a princess dress" leans in closer to Emma and says "but it would be mean to call her fat"

Heather O. said...

That is a great story! I can't believe I've never even met your kids. Well, except for Dallin but I think he was like 3 weeks old... I can tell they all have great personalities!