Someone has said, "The road to a friend's house is never too long."
I beg to differ. I wish the road to my sisters' houses were much shorter!!!

Kyrie held unusually still for me to paint her fingernails and toenails.

Brian made dinner for us one night. We had crab, corn on the cob and red potatoes all boiled together with special crab boil seasonings. We ate them all with our hands (wearing our blue latex gloves that Brian has in abundance.) This was my first time tasting crab. It's a lot of work to get to the meat, but really good once we got it!
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good eggeven though [she] knows that you are slightly cracked."
Bernard Meltzer
Scrapbooking, of course.

Antique shopping!
The East has way more antique shops than out west--something I noticed when we were living in Ithaca. I didn't get to look around much when we lived there, though because I always had my little ones and there's no way I'd take kids in to an antique shop! But we got a babysitter for Kyrie, and spent a fun time browsing through all the fun things at the Antique Mall.

Arthur doesn't understand my love for antiques, or as he calls it "other people's old junk." I can't really explain it myself, but I just really like old stuff. I like to imagine the history and the memories that may have been made with old wooden boxes, school marm bells, wooden thread spools. Natalie got the cute tricycle, and I bought a little wooden doll's cradle (the sturdiest one I could find,) for Daphne to put her baby dolls in, and then on an impulse, I got this old Ice Cream maker, that I probably paid too much for.
Who knows why, but I just fell in love with it!

It was so much fun to visit you guys, Nat, Brian and Kyrie.
Thanks for all the fun memories!
Thanks for all the fun memories!



5 comments:
Sharee, it looks like you had a wonderful time with Natalie. What a guy Arthur is for doing such a great job with all the kids! Kyrie looked so cute trying to hold still and get her nails painted. I've never tried crab but it looked like it was fun to eat. Can't wait to see your event calendar pages you worked on :).
I am very very jealous that you got to visit your sister without kids... heck just visit your sister is pretty cool! Tell Arthur that he's a stud! I left my kiddos for Enrichment night and they almost didn't make it alive! Glad you had fun, did I mention that I am jealous!
Sharee I bet you had a blast! I loved going over there to vist Nat, Bri and Kyrie! and you got to eat Crab! so cool!
I had so much fun with you Sharee! Thanks Arthur a million for watching all those kids and being such a stud! Love you guys tons!
1. your hair looks great!
2. i love old antiques too.
3. how have you NEVER had crab before? thats crazy. im glad natalie and brian cured you of that
4. every good egg has cracks. its like the eggs fingerprint which makes it unique and beautiful all at once.
Post a Comment