This morning, Dallin came into my room and said, "Mom, come here! You've gotta see this, you've just gotta see this!"
Me: See what? (with my eyes still closed.)
Dallin: The clouds, Mom--They're pink!
So I opened my eyes (even though it was really hard) and went outside to see the sunrise throw it's magic on the clouds. I'm glad Dallin dragged me out of bed to share that with him.
Later on at breakfast, I heard a very strange sound. I checked to see which of my kids was making it, but they were all innocently eating breakfast. Then we heard it again. It sounded like a dragon breathing fire, and it was coming from outside. It was a hot air balloon floating right over our backyard! We all ran outside, our bare feet getting wet on the grass, and watched the bright yellow balloon until it floated out of sight. The day before Balloon Fiesta starts, many ballooners launch from various elementary schools around town. We didn't make it down to the school to watch, but we were lucky enough to see one anyway!
"It is the sweet, simple things of life that are the real ones after all."
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
4 comments:
Thanks for the reminder! It is the simple things that mean the most! Love you guys!
Tonights sunset in L.A. was just like that. I know L.A. can be a bit of a dirty dusty concrete jungle, yet tonight I was sitting on a bench with the air a little warm mixed with a little cool. The sky above all those concrete buildings was pink and lavender and orange and it was so beautiful. I thought if even L.A. can be beautiful then this world really is magical!
Oh man! We missed the balloon fiesta again?! Albuquerque is much cooler than Modesto.
That must have been so cool to see. What a fun family moment!
Post a Comment