Windy, one of my greatest friends ever, came to visit us for Balloon Fiesta this year. We actually got there this year before the balloons started taking off, so we enjoyed our breakfast in the dark before the sun rose. Then we went out to see the balloons. The mass ascension on Saturday was cancelled due to the wind, so it's a good thing we got out there on Friday. (This montage has pictures of her whole visit-balloon fiesta, a trip to the park and our hike in the Sandias. It's a mix between Arthur's photography and Windy's--our camera was set weird so the pictures didn't come out at a good resolution, and they had the blasted date on them! Thanks, Sean.)

Make an on-line slideshow at www.OneTrueMedia.com
He really is "most impressive."
We asked the kids their favorite balloons this year.
Dallin: Darth Vader, and the yellow one with the black bird who flew over our house
Daphne: The castle and the pink pig
Sean: Dark Mater and Nemo and the green dragon.
Sean loved balloon fiesta.
One of his favorite questions lately is, "Mom, we go to Balloon fiesta?"
Okay, here is the nifty little craft we did while the weather was blustery and cold on Saturday. I got this idea from a friend of mine who introduced me to the blog "Joys of Home." Here is a link to the project on her blog. We modified it a little bit so it took a little more time and a little more money. But not much! The frame is $1 at the Dollar store. The background is torn up newspaper glued down, and we used chipboard for the letters, instead of printing them. (That's where the extra cost came in.) Also we painted our frames which didn't add to the cost since I had it on hand. It was very fun, and very affordable, all you student moms out there. Give it a try. I did BOO and Windy did EEK. They look cuter together, though, so I think I'll have to go get another frame and make one that matches Windy's.
We went for a hike in the remnants of hurricane Norbert Saturday afternoon. It was cold and windy, but fun anyway. I have more pictures of our hike but this blog is already taking far too long to post, so here are just a couple.
Daphne loved Windy so much. She said, "Mom, Windy is such a good friend to me, and Dallin and Sean . . . I wish she were in our family all the time. (Then, after some thought,) Maybe we could adopt her!"
Thanks for coming Windy! You know you've got a good friend when you can go years between visits, but when you're together it feels like no time has passed at all.
8 comments:
Love the craft. I'm going to the dollar store tomorrow! The balloon festival looks so fun!
That looks like soooo much fun. Logan would LOOOOVE the Darth Vader balloon. Not sure there is a bigger Star Wars fan out there.
What an awesome weekend. You and Windy haven't changed a bit!
The EEK and BOO turned out awesome! Much better than the ones I made so simply - let's just hope no one that I gave them to looks at your blog and feels ripped off! You are so talented!
It's so true! The best friends are the ones who you can always be yourself around and who no matter how much time passes, you can pick right back up where you left off!
Thanks again for such a great weekend, your family is truly awesome and I love you guys to bits!
p.s. ill make a post sometime soon, I just came back to a truckload of work and homework and all that jazz...but ill let you kow when its up.
That looks like so much fun! I love the craft idea. That is so cute! I must make it out there sometime for the balloon fiesta. It really looks so awesome. Love you guys.
Windy! I remember Windy. How's she doing? She looks like she's doing great.
Sweet balloon pics!! I always look forward to your annual balloon festival pictures, they look like postcards. By-the-way your crafts turned out super cute. Love ya!
Post a Comment